Monday, September 22, 2008

Dorms

Have you ever lived in one? They're interesting places. You move into a room with a bunch of people (Yes. Four others = a bunch.) that you don't know, into a bunk that isn't yours (Would you really want it to be though? Honestly?) and under the supervision of a people you don't trust. If you're lucky, you know someone in your dorm. If you're really lucky, you know someone on your floor. First semester, you won't know anyone in your room unless you went to Highschool with them.

Then there's the whole shower situation. Thirty-some girls on a floor. Four showers. Most every one has class either first or second hour. Thankfully, some people take a very long time getting ready in the morning. Those are the ones that get up after the late first-hour people just got out. The late second-hour people? They're usually late to class, 'cause it seems like there are more of 'em. Thankfully, I can hustle in the morning. Like Sunday. I stood in line for the shower for probably fifteen-twenty minutes. I'm so happy I'm not a girly-girl who needs an hour to get ready. I can be ready in twenty minutes if I have to. I might forget something, like mascara, but I'm presentable.

Now onto a different topic: Dorm Society.
Basically, the college took the ministry opportunities and assigned them to specific dorms. Good idea, in my opinion. Helps people get to know people in their own dorm better, helps get more people out for the ministry opportunities; it's good. Even better, because it's not one dorm per ministry. It's two - a girl's dorm and a guy's dorm. =D

I'm in Gould. I like it in Gould. Yes, in the winter it can be a pain because it's tied for the farthest away from campus. But all in all, I'd rather stay here than go to a different dorm, even the new one that has practice rooms and it's own piano. And computers. I like Gould. But I've gotten side-tracked. Our brother dorm is Spurgeon (WOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! GO SPURGEON!). I love Spurgeon. :) First, they have the best name for the guys' dorms. (Gould is the best name for the girl's dorms, by the way.) Second, it has a lot of cool guys in it. And third, it's our brother dorm which automatically makes it best. :) Go team spirit. Haha.

We had our Dorm Society kick-off tonight. Hotdogs and munchies over in front of the guy's dorm. We threw around some footballs and played. . . egg-toss? You throw an egg to your partner and try not to get splatted. I lost. Some guy seriously pointed at me and shouted, "YOU LOSE!!!!" I thought it was hilarious. Woot for competition? Haha. Then the good part happened. =D This guy brought out these two items that looked like cricket bats except with padding on them. Sword fight anyone? He and one of his buddies had a duel, and then he was just kind of standing around. So I asked if I could borrow them and challenged Krystle. It was so much fun. =D I wanted to fight a guy, because then I could have gone more all-out-ish. I'd have lost, but that's okay. It would have been fun anyhow. Actually, it was awesome even only fighting girls. It was awesome just to be carrying these sword-like instruments. It made me miss Mike though. . . A lot. I miss hitting your shoulder. . . Haha. ;)

So this is a really long post. But it was a good night, and I didn't get nearly as much homework done that I wanted to. Got to work on that a little more. Toodles!

No comments: