Saturday, October 25, 2008

Guess which day it is.

That's right. It's Saturday. This one wasn't as bad as some. Not great. But not bad. People were actually around a little to talk to. That's always cool.

I wonder sometimes if I'm too independent of people. . . But how can you not be when you know that no matter what people do you're going to be fine? I mean, really. . . . There's nothing that someone can do that will forever hurt me. There is no hurt or sorrow or pain that can continually overwhelm me. Because eventually, even if it hurts for the rest of my life here, I'll die. And then I'm fine. Better than fine, actually. But you get the idea.

So am I too independent? Is it bad to not need anyone for anything? Is it bad to make sure I don't have to depend on someone? It's safer. But it's a lot more lonely. If only people were trust-worthy. If only people didn't disappoint. But they do. /shrug

There was a formal-ish event at school on Thursday. It was in celebration of the 40th anniversary of Maranatha. It was pretty cool and all about the founder and how God worked in his life to allow him to get MBBC started. It was very interesting and the music was good. And Mr. Vegter was amazing. I went alone. My roommate says not to say that because we sat together. . . But we didn't go together. It's just not the same thing.

Well, it was a not so eventful week. In closing, if your parents didn't have children, chances are you won't either.

No comments: