Wednesday, November 5, 2008

We lost

Politics: Alas. I really feel bad for our country. I mean, McCain would not have been awesome. Not even close, but Obama is just so far out there. . . At least, I'm not an unsaved Republican die-hard. If I were, it'd be oh, so much worse.

Weather: It's in the 70s here in Wisconsin. Monday was actually balmy. I was kinda grossed out, but anyway. My parents are in Florida and it's in the 40s. I had this feeling of dread that that's exactly what was going to happen. Dread, because they really wanted to have an awesome time, and seeing as they went to Florida, they were kinda hoping it'd be nice. Also, Dread because I knew that it was going to be in the 70s again this year, here in the Midwest, and I just don't like that. I mean, in June-August, I'd be happy with 70s and no higher. In November? . . . . We should have snow. At least a few inches of it. Enough to cover the grass.

Family: I get to go home for Thanksgiving in 20 days. =D How cool is that!?!? :D Pretty cool. Some people don't get to. I feel very bad for them. . . I'm so excited about it. :) 20 days! That's so close. It's like, right around the corner.

Religion: It was society chapel today, so we didn't really hear any preaching. I miss hearing lots of Dr. Phelps' messages. Last semester, it was like three times a week, he'd preach to us. It was awesome. Oh well.

There's this guy in my Spanish class who got rather unhappy with one of the faculty because he was talking about how we all need to be Baptists. The guy, Tim, was really bothered by it because he doesn't call himself a Baptist. I haven't actually talked to him about it, but I'm kind of hoping to be able to bring it up, because I'm almost positive that he is. He just doesn't call himself one. Which is so stupid. . . . . He seems relatively reasonable, but we'll see. Maybe. . . If it comes up.

Well, I'm off. To . . . do something. I don't know. Maybe take a nap. . . I'm still sick. This cough is really annoying. I could not sleep last night because every time I breathed, I started coughing. Heh heh. *hack, cough*

No comments: