Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Giving of Thanks

I owe my brother money again. . . And I owe my cousin money. . . And I owe my roommate. . . And I owe the girl down the hall. . . I'm starting to see a pattern here. And I don't like it. On the other hand, it's very nice of all those people to lend me money till I can pay them back (which shouldn't be too long). I should really probably stop spending money. . . And I should really take that thing back to Wal-mart because that's another $15 or so. . . And I need to fill up my car. . . Hm.

But anyway. Giving of Thanks. We went through the book of Psalms today in OT Survey. I like the Survey classes. You have to read a lot really fast, but otherwise, they're really good. General and broad, but sometimes we get so into the details, we miss the big picture. Or we just forget to teach the big picture to the younger generation completely. Anyway. I like the Psalm of Moses. Somewhat because it was written by Moses and I like the little caption above it. "A Psalm of Moses, the man of God." It makes me happy. I hope that it can/will be said/written of me when I'm dead for 3500 years that I was a woman of God.

I'm not a very thankful person. Most of the time, I don't see a need for the nice things people do for me. It's sort of a "Well, thanks, but you really didn't have to" type thing. . . I just don't really care if they're nice or not. Most of the time. But it's not supposed to be about what I think. It's about what they did, and that they thought about me and were nice enough to go beyond normal bounds. And so they should be thanked and appreciated.

I got more work today! =D YES! Have I mentioned I love my little job? It's awesome. Getting to read and type class notes for Bible classes is the best thing ever. Haha. Yeah, it's awesome. I love it. I'm going to miss it. . . The rest of school? /shrug

Oo! I just found my pencil! :D (I've had it for like eight years and I couldn't find it. Not a big deal, but I like the pencil.) It's a good day. Rainy and dreary outside, but a good day. 13 days. =)

No comments: