Thursday, February 24, 2011

SNOW????

I'm cold. Also, I'm hungry. But that's a good thing. I need that bloated belly to shrink a little bit. I've been on pretty much a constant binge since the wedding. Not. Good.

I kind of want to go to bed. But I kind of want to see my husband. Since I'm still awake, unless he gets overtime, I'm thinking that I'm going to see him. :) Or my body could do something totally crazy and fall asleep on me for the first time in ages without me having to try to fall asleep. . . . That would be somewhat bizarre.

You know what else is bizarre? Snow in CaliLand. There's a chance it may snow this weekend. I'ma be honest - I'm getting excited. Not so much because of the snow, but because of the implications. This would be the first time in twenty some years that it's snowed in this area. . . . And it just happens to be my first winter living here? I don't believe in coincidence.

Either way, it's pretty cool. Either way, it's a good reminder that God loves me. And likes me.

God likes me. . . . That's an interesting concept that I still haven't quite wrapped my head around. The loving part, I get - probably as much as I'm ever going to. I understand that part because I can love people that I don't particularly like. It's a lot more choice-related, in my head, and if I have the will-power to choose to love someone, God sure does.

But a college teacher once told my class that God likes us. . . . It still blows my mind, because that means a whole lot more. Not necessarily anything better or more profound. It's just a lot more added to what was already amazing and profound. And since it's not directly stated in the Bible like that, I have a harder time believing it. But it does say that He calls us friends. I tend to like my friends. . . . That's mostly why they're my friends. . . . Sometimes I love them, too.

But I'm also part of His family now. And family, I love. So I'm His friend and He likes me, and I'm His daughter and He loves me. . . . . Still totally amazing me. . . . And I've been thinking about it on and off for years now. . . . Yeah. I don't know if I'm ever going to get over this one. That's probably okay, I would think. =)

Totally unrelated, the podcast thing, "What You Ought To Know" is hilarious. The Brothers Winn do it. Clean, funny, informative. I'm a fan and becoming more of one every time I watch some of their stuff. I think I probably watched about thirty of their clips today.

And the dude's speech patterns have been seared into my head and my own thoughts are coming out that way now. . . . It's rather interesting. It feels like that one time I watched Harry Potter and then the rest of the night I was thinking in a British accent.

And this is pretty much a big ramble. If you've read this far, I'm guessing your name is Zack. Or you were really, really bored. Sorry. I'll try not to ramble so much again. Not that there is anyone left at this point to apologize to. . . . Maybe I'll put it at the top of the next post. . . . That should work.