Friday, May 3, 2013

Overwhelming Love

I couldn't sleep last night, so my thoughts turned to upcoming days and the things that were scheduled to get done within the next few weeks. That means more shots for Evelynn. I hate shots. I hate seeing my little girl in pain, and I don't think it's a bad thing that I hate it. In my opinion, it doesn't matter if it's a tiny pain or a huge pain - I hate thinking of her being in pain.

And then my thoughts turned to God, to Jesus, to Calvary. God the Father bruised Jesus. It was not a chastisement. It was not to safeguard His well-being. It was to safeguard me; it was to redeem me. Jesus was not the only one who suffered that day. God the Father is not unfeeling or emotionless; He LOVES Jesus with a greater love than I could love Evelynn. But for the sake of His people, God smote Jesus. Jesus died for my sins; but God had to pour out His wrath on His beloved Son for my sins.

Jesus loves me, yes. Jesus took my sins. Jesus paid the cost.
The Father loves me, too. He sent Jesus to take my sins. He dealt the punishment out.

What wondrous love is this!

No comments: