Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Nevertheless

I've been struggling with something lately. It waxes and wanes in difficulty. Tonight was very hard, but God is faithful and will not suffer us to be tempted above that we are able, but will, with the temptation also make a way of escape that we may be able to bear it.

I would love it if this one fear never came to be; and while I will keep praying for that, I know very well that God's will is better than mine. Though I cannot tell what His plan is yet, I know it's best. And, with His help, I come round again to saying, "Nevertheless, not my will but Thine be done."

My heart it cries; the tears run down
My face is filled with pain
Not outward things, but inward griefs
On me are heavy lain
 

To You I lift my voice and cry,
To You I turn for strength
To You, my God, the faithful One
Whose mercies have no length


For all of You cannot be measured

You are eternity
And so to You I bring my prayers
Look down on me and see

O Lord of hosts, Thou strong Deliverer

Be Thou my portion now
My hour is coming fast - draws near!
My terror will not bow

To me it gives not any heed

I cannot conquer it
Too many times it throws me down
And how much I wish to quit!

Too great for me is this my care!

Too much for me to hold
I know I do not have the strength
Underneath, I shrink and fold

Yet You are strong! Your arm is long!

And Your promises I own

That You'll be with me the entire way
I will never be alone.

You tell me here to cast my cares,
To lay them all on You.
I do not know if I can throw,
But help me this to do:


To put them down, to leave behind

To let them go for good.
To trust Your love; to love You more
To know when I can't, You could

And though I pray You'd save me now
And give me full relief
Yet more I pray and ask of You
"Lord, help mine unbelief!"

Make me trust You in Your grace
Make me love Your will
Make me able to truly say
"In this, I follow still."

For not my will but Thine be done!
It is my greatest prayer
And if Thy will be pain and grief
Then help me them to bear

And on You, and in Your arms
At last to rest secure
For You alone are good and kind
You are the only cure.

And here I find as I have before

There is peace with You.
You answer again; You leave me not
What You've said, you always do.

No comments: