Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Overflowing

I sit here, listening to my Pride and Prejudice soundtrack, thinking. I can smell the conditioner in my hair still - it smells fruity, and I like it. I'm surrounded by my stuff - piano figurines from my mom, a horse from my grandma, a hummingbird thing from Aunt Joy, and a bunch of clothes. I have books, and stuff, and pretty things, and shoes, and jewelry - oh, the jewelry! I have everything I need to live, and so much more.

And that's just the material stuff.

I have family - even more now. Not just my immediate family, or Dad's side and Mom's side, but Zack's Mom's side and his Dad's side. And church families. Friends that are like family. And I have Zack. There's a lot that goes into those words. . . . I have someone who will care for me and about me like no other person ever has or ever will, someone who wants to hear my dumb stories not only because he likes knowing all the insignificant details that go into my day, but because he likes to hear me talk.

And that's just the human stuff.

I have a God Who loves me, so much that He gave His Son to buy me back. He adopted me and made me His child. He engraved my name on His hand. He gave me His Word so I can know Him; He gave me brothers and sisters, so we can meet together and worship Him, and share all that He's done for us; He gave me a beautiful world to live in, blue skies, and crashing thunderstorms, and indescribable sunsets over water so reflective it looks like it's burning as much as the sky; He gave me fuzzy animals to take care of and to love and to pet; He gave me technology and airplanes so I can fly and visit the people I love.

And my heart is overflowing with love and gratitude and amazement.

No comments: