Friday, December 31, 2010

Last Chance

Well, the New Year is about 44 minutes away, and this is my last chance to get another blog entry in for the grand year of 2010. It has been a good one. A lot has happened. I introduced my boyfriend to my parents. I got flowers from him for Valentine's Day. My totally adorable niece and nephew were born this year. I got engaged. I turned 21. And that was all in the first half of the year. Haha.

I wrote a 50,000 word novella in less than a month. I was in one of my best friend's weddings. :) I addressed and mailed a whole bunch of invitations. Hehe. I threatened my fiance's brother numerous times. *evil grin* I got my first apartment, even though I won't be moving in for a month yet. Yes, it's been a good year. I liked it, and I'll probably miss it enough to put the wrong date on a few checks. . . Always happens. . . .

Some people look back on a year and say, "I have no regrets!" I don't understand those people. Haha. I have regrets. I have regrets from today, much less from an entire year. But the good part is that though this is the last chance for this year, is isn't the last chance to do better. I can do better tomorrow and next week and next year. If I do, it's only because God gave me the grace to do so. If I do, it's only because some of the lessons that He's been pounding into my head finally sink in. (I'm starting to wonder if that ever happens. . . .)

So I look forward to tomorrow, having time with family that I probably won't be able to see much during the rest of my life, hearing about my fiance moving into OUR apartment (that's so much fun to say, =D), figuring out exactly what I'm going to put in the Middle, because I still haven't done that. . . . Hmm.

It's going to be a new year. I expect it to be kind of hard, kind of long, kind of stretching. I expect it to be uncomfortable at times. I expect it to be humiliating at times, 'cause I'm going to need it. But all in all, I know that no matter how difficult it is, how much I miss my family, how mundane doing the dishes is going to get (right now it's still a very exciting thought to do OUR dishes in OUR place, hehe), and so much more. . . . I'm going to have two things: God and Zack.

Next year is going to have the day in which my longest-lasting goal comes true, and I get my Zack permanently. =)
And that was all I've ever wanted. :)

No comments: