Tuesday, August 4, 2009

This day

Today in 1862 the first income tax was collected. One hundred years later, Jamaica gained independence from Britain. :) Yay, Jamaica! :)

Where did I find those interesting facts? I'd rather not tell because then you would already know them and they would no longer be interesting facts. . . . Is that selfish? Hmm. Fine, it's an add-on on igoogle. "Today in History."

Another fun add-on is the World Clock. :) London, Spain, Tokyo. Most any major city you can think of. =) Neat thing.

Useless Knowledge is a good one too. Random facts are fun! They make good conversation filler. It's like saying "supercalifragilisticexpialidocious" but without
the mess of actually saying that enormous and meaningless word. :)

I put out some applications yesterday. I know, I know - it's about time. I need a job. Don't want one, but I need one. Maybe. I suppose if I don't get one, then I won't have needed one. . . . lol /shrug

It's getting hot again. August always tends to be our hottest month. Or so it seems to me. . . . My perception could be off though.

No comments: