Thursday, July 10, 2008

And they all went marching down into the ground to get out of the rain!

My brother bought me a book three days ago from Goodwill. It was really cool, very unexpected and very much appreciated. It was a Star Wars book by Timothy Zahn. I like the way he writes. It's quick and simple, easy to read and understand, but it's like every word counts. They all have a reason for being, no elaborate sentences that you can just skip. Trust me, I started to do it accidentally (I have a tendency to skip to the dialogue. . . ), and it wasn't working so well. Anyway. I finished it today. I read half of it the first day I got it. Not that it was an amazing book, but it was intruiging and it had hints of Thrawn (one of my favorite-ist "villains". I don't really count him as a villain though, because he didn't seem evil to me. He was just on the wrong side of the war. . . That's all.) Anyway. It was cool, and mysterious. So thanks, Mike. :)

As usual when I do a large amount of reading in a short amount of time, I now want to write. Thankfully, I have a topic. Korax. His character needs to be expanded and explored. Defined. I have an impression of him in my head, but it needs words and definition. So hopefully, I'll get a bit o' work done on that. I have a SW fanfic type thing that I should finish too. Mostly for the sake of finishing it. And my friend Robin has read most of what I have done on it and she read the prequel to this one, so . . . . I should really probably get it done, eh? Yeah. I'll try.

I didn't sleep well last night. I think it's because I traded shifts today with Katie, but I don't know why it would bother me so much. . . Maybe it's because I didn't really have a good reason other than not wanting to get up at 5am again. . . I don't know. It was bothering me last night and then it bothered me today. But I don't know why. . . Hmm. Because I need money for school? It was only two hours of work. . . . I just don't get it. . .

I was supposed to practice the piano this afternoon and I didn't. . . . Not good. I don't have anything remotely ready for Sunday and that only leaves me with two days. It's hard to come up with a special every week. . . I could play for the regular song-service forever. I love that. It's the specials that bog me down. . . It's not that I dislike them. I always thought they should be more of a choice though, something that someone wants to do. And sometimes I do. Every week makes it feel like a job. And somewhat of a stressful one. . . . Maybe that's my fault. Maybe I'm not willing enough or something. . . Maybe I'm just lazy.

Robin invited me to be in her wedding. It's not going to be for a year and a half or something, so I think that's plenty of time. Then again, I have this suspicion it won't work out. For some reason. Not their wedding; pretty sure they're getting married. Just me being there.

I find it weird that some people love dreams, like talking about dreams and hearing about other people's dreams, and then there are people who say they hardly ever dream, can't stand to talk about or hear about dreams, and generally think dreams are rather pointless. It just seems weird. And I feel bad for the people who don't like them. I find them fascinating. . . And often, inspiring or revealing.

Hopefully next time I post, I'll have some more character definiton on Korax down. :) I still think he's awesome. . . Anybody who's that good? It's like Thrawn. He's just incredibly smart. Actions and motives are different and easily condemnable. But the raw ability and genius. . . THAT is admirable.

No comments: