Sunday, July 6, 2008

44 Posts

The weekend is over. Back to work in seven hours. I should be sleeping, but I'm not. I'm plenty tired; I just don't want to go to bed. Because that means my mini vacation is over. It makes me sad. And my Aunt and Uncle are leaving tomorrow. That makes me sad too. It was awesome to have them around so much. Never felt so close to them as this get together. It was really nice. It made me wary though. Last time I got real close to an Uncle suddenly like that, he died. Still made it one of the best years of my life though. Up until November anyway.

My cousin called me today. It was nice. We hadn't talked since I came home from school, but while I was out there we talked (for a long period of time) at least once a week. Often more than that. I missed her. I missed hearing about her life and friends and just everything. She can talk a lot. I like it. I've always liked people who talk a lot. I think it's 'cause I don't know how to do that. Well, more like I don't trust very many people that much. So I don't talk to them that much. Sometimes I feel like Mr. Darcy - once you lose my good favor it's nearly impossible to regain it. I try not to be that way too much.

Will is awesome. So are Alice and Sophia, but Will is awesome. I want boys when I get married. Lots of little boys. I'm afraid of having girls.

So my Uncle was talking about his book. It sounded so amazingly sweet. They should make a movie about it, seriously. It'd be so cool. Anyway. I had this timeline I'd worked out a while ago, but I'd never gotten a story going from it. I just kind of had the setting, but I knew it was missing something very important. I couldn't figure out what it was, but it just wasn't interesting enough to me. Well, because his book was so sweet, it got my imagination going again, and I started figuring out all kinds of things. It was cool. And fun. Then I got tired, and it sort of died. . . . But I got some stuff done, which was neat. I still don't have much of a story though. Just a setting mostly. Usually I start with characters and then make the setting around them, so this is different. Maybe it'll work better.

I like Korax. My Uncle thinks he's evil. And he is, but how are you judging him? By the Bible? If so, then Korax is no more evil than the guy who owns the tavern he's staying in, 'cause that guy isn't saved either, and he doesn't feel bad about ignoring God every day of his life either. Korax does have a code though. He wouldn't kill children. But soldiers? He kind of figures they should be able to defend themselves, and if they can't, too bad for them. Women. . . He'd only kill one if he had to in order to save himself. Kind of like Mat Cauthon. He didn't want to kill the Aiel lady, but she was trying to kill him. Korax isn't a womanizer though, so really, is he better than Mat? Or do the mass slaughterings make him worse? In a world without God, everything IS relative. Every man does that which is right in his own eyes, and there is no perfect Creator to stop them.

I made up a world once where the gods were more like the mythological beings. Where they messed with mankind for their enjoyment because they were stronger. It got kind of twisted and weird. I stopped writing it. The main character of that? Now she was evil. Wicked through and through.

Anywho. I must needs be off to bed. As it is, I'm going to feel like Death in the morning. Much love to all who read. Unless I don't know you. . . Comments are welcome in case you're wondering. ;)

2 comments:

VanSneak said...

I'm not trying to pronounce judgement on your character. I just asked how he felt about slaughtering 600 men. 600 fathers, brothers and sons who will never see their families again. If he feels nothing then I am able to draw a conclusion about him as a person.

Varda said...

Yeah, it just caught me off guard. Korax being evil was a foreign idea. I thought he was so cool, and sorta assumed so would everyone else would as well. Anyway, I'm now inspired to write more about his character. So thanks. =D