Saturday, April 14, 2007

Home again, home again

As you all know (or SHOULD all know), I went to Watertown, WI (Maranatha Baptist Bible College) to see my cousin in the play, The HMS Pinafore. And WOW!!! :D It was awesome! So! I'm thinking that I definitely need to get my application sent and paid for and all that jazz, and then I need to start taking classes for "personal enrichment" (so I don't have to major in anything :D :D). Yeah. And then I have to figure out the best way to balance my time between learning to sing, practicing violin and piano, compose, and socializing. I may have to teach my brother by example just how one is friendly. lol ;) Oh, oh! Also! I have GOT to take at least one class for drama. The problem is. . . acting doesn't sound that appealing. Musicals, now those sound like fun.

The play:
I loved it from the very beginning. The overture was cool and the opening song (a bunch of guys singing in perfect harmony) was incredible! The main girl had an astounding voice and the first mate was my favorite character of the whole bunch. He reminded me of Christian Bale. . . . Wasn't that good-looking, just had . . . I don't know, something. My cousin was really good and in the play, she was quite the man-chaser. lol It was cute. :) Last, but not least, I started giggling pretty hard when they started singing, "He's an Englishman". :D I thought of you, dear brudder, I thought of you.

The College:
The buildings were cool, not too hard to figure out and navigate around, so that's nice. The music section was incredible. Granted, I really don't want to "live" in those little practice rooms like my cousin was talking about, but those pianos were soooooooooo nice. Wow. And there's that one room with the electronic gadgets for composing! OooooO!!! :D I'm so excited. And all the people were like my height! Seriously! And I don't just mean the girls! It's a college of midgets! It was really weird. . . There was this guy in choir class who was next to my cousin and wow. . . . His voice was sooooooooooo . . . *swoon*! lol ;) No, but really, those people can sing.

I'm thinking that I'm not going to like dorm life, but . . . . *shrug* Oh, well. I'll adapt. :)

That's it for now. Gotta go practice, practice, practice. ;)

~Jenn~

1 comment:

michael said...

And it's surely to his credit!

I wish i could have seen it with you. I think it would have been fun.

A less-attractive Christian Bale? You mean Philip Seymour Hoffman?