Friday, March 9, 2007

Movies and Work

I watched the Prestige the other night and then again tonight. I love that movie. It's very intriguing and there are so many subtle details that you miss at first. I liked it better the second time, and would like to get in one more viewing before sending it back, but. . . some people don't like that idea. I wonder what's next on our Netflex list. . . Hmmm. Probably nothing as good. Though Over the Hedge wasn't terrible. But. . . Well, I'm not a little kid. Heh. The best part was when Bruce Willis starts explaining about how humans "live to eat." Hehehehe. I'm digressing though. The Prestige. Great movie, and uncle dear, though the Illusionist was good, the Prestige was a lot better in my opinion. Michael Caine (as always) give a wondrous performance.

People at work keep quitting. Two more people quit this week and three people quit about a month or two before that. . . It's. . . weird. Ah, well. I'm getting 38 hours again this next week. . . Bleh. I wish it were more like 35, but I suppose I need money if I'm going to spend it. My next check should look pretty good.

Had to do dishes yesterday and today. My hands are starting to break out. You'd think that gloves would help. . . They don't when you don't realize that you've gotten water in them.

New computers at work on Tuesday. (Or rather Wednesday. They're getting installed Tuesday night, I do believe.) It's going to be interesting. . . Kinda freaking me out. I hope it's a really slow day. . . If we get slammed like we did today? Oy. Twould be death as far as the numbers are concerned.

And now a personal question: Why can I write so much, but when I talk to people I can't I can't seem to think of anything to say? . . . Seriously. Do you know? I have theories, but I'd appreciate input. :)

Always,
~Me~

2 comments:

David said...

Still haven't seen the Illusionist.

There was one problem with the Prestige, Michael Cane should not have known the machine was real. He never saw it work, nor knew what it did, yet he tries to keep it from everyone and wants it destroyed. He shouldn't have.

People will quit like crazy. That's fast food. People have low work ethic and think they aren't getting paid enough. It is high stress, but its an easy job, people just like to complain.

Dishes will make your hands break out until you get used to the salt/soap. Its unfortunate, but gloves really doesn't help. I went through the same thing. Its a time thing unfortunately.

You have to care enough to talk about what you write about. Depending on who you're talking to, do you really want to discuss the new computers at work or the prestige? And the one that always gets me, you have to really care about what's going on with them.

Varda said...

He wanted to destroy it before he saw what'shisface dead? . . . I don't think so, but hopefully I'll get to watch it again tonight and confirm my suspicions. (Probably not though. I don't think Mom wants to see it again. Hehe.)

Fast food is high stress? . . . Maybe for the managers, but there was ton more stress at my other job than here. But anyway.

I think my problem is I care too much about the other person. Why talk about my boring day that was just like the rest of the week (generally speaking) when they can tell you about what they did?