Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Drifting on the sea of life without a sail.

New computers today. It was . . . interesting. I'm curious about how tonight went as neither of the late-shift managers had any experience with the new set-up. Poor Jarred.

One of the ladies at church tonight apparently quite recently heard for the first time that I've been considering going to Maranatha. . . . Yeah, she wasn't too pleased with the idea. To be completely honest, I'm wondering more and more if I should go this next semester or wait till the spring semester. . . or maybe next year? . . . I just don't know. I like my job. I'm going to get a really nice raise after my birthday. We just painted my room. lol I just don't know what to do. Bleh.

Pastor had a good message tonight about Solomon's prayer at the dedication of the temple. He hit on the fact that Solomon recited God's promise to David, asking God to keep His Word. Kind of the "Ask and ye shall receive" of the OT. It just made me think. Mostly in regards to the above paragraph.

I'm going to pull a Dave now and be half-cryptic while probably not fooling anyone about what I'm talking about. *ehem* ;)

So for a long time I was in a certain position in life. . . And then something changed and I find that since that change, though I was not looking forward to it, many things in life have become better. It's kind of saddening in a way. Because I miss the way things were, but I love the way things are now. (Definition of bitter-sweet, eh?) This is part of the reason I don't want to go to college. It'll change things all up again and I know I'm going to miss what I have here. . . even if what I get is good too. *le sigh* . . . . . . I just realized that for the first time in a long time, I'm happy where I am. . . . Hehe. Hmmm . . . Weird.

Back to ME mode: There are these two guys (probably mid to late 20s) that come into work every now and then. They're so nice. It's always a relief 'cause they're not in a rush and they smile and they're just. . . nice guys. Kudos to random people who understand that in the middle of a lunch rush, it's going to take a few minutes to get your food. =)

No comments: