Friday, August 8, 2014

Trusting

I wrote a post on Facebook the other day about some of the things that I've been struggling with recently, along with a poem that was difficult to write and difficult to mean. Sometimes, I don't know how I meant it or if I'll be able to mean it next time something happens. I hope so. With God's help, I will. I know that in the end, He will always bring me back.

This poem preceded the other one. This one... was not the finished product of God's working. This was not the end of the struggle, but mostly how I felt through the last three months or so.

This is where I was BEFORE He gave me faith.


I feel so lost and helpless
I feel that I've been thrown
Into the waves; they crush me

I have no breath to groan
The waters pull me down again
The storm is getting worse
Every time I think I see

The land, I get reversed.

Oh, God, where is the refuge?
My strength is almost gone.
If You do not bring me through
For me, there'll be no dawn

My cries are lost in thunder
My arms are weighted down

I cannot see a shoreline
Without You, I will drown
Where is the comfort of Your arms?
Where are the words of peace?
I cannot feel You, but I know
For You, the waves will cease.

Oh, God, You are my Refuge
My Rock, my Hiding Place
And in Your time, You'll bring me through
And I will see Your face.

No comments: