Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Marriage is Awesome

I think I wrote a post about this back when I got married. It hasn't really changed. We've had ups and downs already, but that part, that hasn't changed. Part of it is because, when I wanted to get married for all those years (like. . . my whole life), it was because I wanted companionship. And that hasn't changed. I have my friend, my best friend. We experience life together.

I'm six months pregnant and I get nervous about how having a baby is going to change our life. It won't just be him and me experiencing life together. We'll have a little one. But there's something that I try to remind myself of - it will still be him and me. No one else will have OUR relationship. I have siblings and I have people as close as siblings - but there will never be anyone else like Zack. There won't be another person that I am close to in that way.

The other thing I try to remember is that so far, I only like/love him more since getting pregnant. Part is because fatherhood suits him. I knew it would. It was really the only reason that I wanted to actually HAVE a baby myself. Because I wanted him to be a dad in the fullest and completest meaning of the word. I wasn't too thrilled about all the bodily changes and the pain and so on and so forth. Part is because it's new. And all the wonderful things about him come out in new ways given a new venue.

Marriage is awesome. But marriage is awesome because I love my husband and my husband loves me. May God keep that from ever changing.

No comments: