Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Political

I saw a post on Facebook this morning that claimed that Santorum is going to drop out of the race - it used the word "suspend" when talking about his campaign, but the idea was that he was out of it (or would be very soon). I'm not sure what the difference would be at this point between a suspension and quitting, but whatever.

I feel bad for the guy because at least part of it had to do with his daughter getting sick.

And then there's the question, "Is this good or bad?" Personally, I want Ron Paul. And I've always been very AGAINST Romney. So I'm a little scared. If Santorum's votes go to Paul, great! Somehow, I think Santorum might end up ENDORSING Romney though - the thought of which plays with my mind in unhappy ways and basically makes me want to cry because we're going to go from bad liberal to bad conservative.

The foreign policy problems people have with Ron Paul have gotten to the point where I find it funny. Honestly, we're going to worry about FOREIGN anything when we're imploding? If we don't fix the economy, there isn't going to be anything over here that's worth spending a missile on. Oh sure, we have big weapons - not much good when you have no soldiers because you can't pay them and they had to go learn how to farm in order not to starve. :)

That might be extreme; it might not. Who knows? If the economy comes crashing down though, I think the least of our worries is going to be foreign policy. We're going to have no money; no money equals no food; no food equals - no people. I'm going to guess illegal immigration won't be much of a problem at that point either.

Of course, it's all in God's hands, so I shouldn't be afraid. It would just make me very sad if all the people I know who wanted Santorum are now going to stoop to vote for Romney.

No comments: