Saturday, April 12, 2008

Snow in April

It's snowing here. April 12th. Snowing. I didn't realize it was cold enough for that, but I guess so. It's been coming down for a while now. It's kind of funny. I don't mind it, but probably a lot of people are somewhat unhappy. What bothers me is the wind. It blows my hair and my skirt and just isn't very friendly.

I've been kind of wasting my Saturday thus far. Which isn't good, especially considering I'd like to get to Walmart later and I need to have stuff done before I can go. I need to record my hymns and finish my notation project for the week. And practice for another few hours. And Whoa. . . I think it stopped snowing. . . Anyway. What else do I need to do? . . . . . Hmmmm. Oh, my NT journal. And. . . . My Keyboard Skills stuff. . . Bleh. That's what's really getting me down. That stupid Keyboard Skills, which doesn't even count anymore for anything. It's Personal Enrichment that doesn't count toward my major. What's it matter anyway though if I don't plan on getting a degree? It matters because I have to do my best. I'm one of THOSE people. . . And yet the other kind of people drive me crazy because I can't understand them, so honestly, I don't know what I'm even talking about anymore. Maybe I should just go.


To do what though? Play the piano for another three hours like I did yesterday? Try to figure out the bass root melodies again, so I can memorize them? I need to print up my Hymnplaying test too. . . Why can't they just test our playing skills? I'm not in music. I haven't taken Aural Skills. How am I supposed to suddenly be able to just do this? They never really taught us how. Just assumed that we could. It's annoying. . . . Not everyone can do all the same stuff.

Anyway. It's been like an hour now, and I still haven't gotten anything done. I have learned about the Free Tibet Movement and how rotten the Chinese government is. They banned YouTube from the entire country because of a few videos that were uploaded showing something that reflected poorly on the government. Because banning YouTube for that reason Doesn't reflect poorly on the government. The whole banning thing reminded me of school though. Don't let people make up their own minds. You have to do it for them. Don't let people think, they might realize they're smarter than you are.

But enough of that ranting. I should do something worth while I suppose. It's snowing again.

1 comment:

Heirron said...

Now that you're done maligning your school structure you have to go work for it? ;) Sorry, I just found that kind of funny. :)

As for the snow, even though I like it, I've had enough this year. :P Over 100 inches is definately enough. But I hope your studies go well for you. Keep us posted! (No pun. . .that'd be a lie, I completely meant to put it there)

Heirron