Wednesday, January 3, 2018

2018 Goals

I wrote out my goals for this year, and decided they might make a good blog post. Maybe. It will be very easy to see what I struggle with, but the older I get, the less time I have to care about hiding things.

Spiritual:
Read through the Bible
Memorize one passage of Scripture per month
Spend 10 minutes each day in prayer

Physical:
Reach 125 lbs and maintain
Exercise at least 3 times per week

Attitude:
Practice an attitude of being proactive - Focus on what I can change; pray about what I can’t.
Less TV - more books
Spend at least five minutes per day cleaning (not picking up/organizing) CLEAN!
Listen more; argue less

Continue schooling the kids
If possible, self-publish The Rising


Prayer is hard for me. It works best if I write to God, or if I sing to Him. Ten minutes seems so small, and yet, 10 minutes every day, is probably more than I have ever done.

Exercise is also something I struggle with. Its much easier for me to stop eating than it is to make myself work out - especially when it’s hot.

And lastly, I hate cleaning. Haha. I will organize, sort, and throw things away all day long and pretent it counts as cleaning. It doesn’t. No more excuses. Run the vacuum, woman! (I have recently improved with sweeping. It’s quiet and fast; therefore, I like it best. And I get to avoid dusting and vacuuming.... Heh.)

There they are! My goals for the new year.

No comments: