Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Clothes

I was never one for clothes shopping growing up. It wasn't until I was nearing twenty that I finally realized going clothes shopping with the right person (people?) could even be fun. The only person I've really enjoyed it with (that I recall) is my mom, but I like to go by myself sometimes.

Consequently, I wasn't prone to spending my money on clothes. And therefore, I didn't have nearly as many clothes as many girls my age. I was never lacking and I don't regret it in the slightest, but now I'm discovering that you kind of have to buy clothes on a regular basis or you do run out. They get holes and stains - faster when you have a little one.

So I went shopping on Monday and bought three things from Goodwill (because I'd rather put in some extra time looking/sorting than have to spend $20-$30 on a pair of pants). And then I realized that, aside from one maternity shirt that I bought whilst pregnant, I hadn't bought myself any clothes in over a year. In fact, in the two years we've been married, I think I've bought myself four things total - two pairs of shorts, a dress, and that maternity shirt. I probably would have had to buy more, but my mama sends me boxes regularly and they often have clothes in them.

Anyway. It kind of hit me funny because I know more than a couple people who LOVE buying clothes - or they just spend a lot of money on a few nice things. So I thought it was interesting.

In other news I trimmed my hair, but I didn't really have enough time to do much styling with it, so it's safely tucked away in a pony tail where no one can really tell what it looks like until I have a chance to mess with it some more. :)

Last of all, we're on schedule to make it to the home Bible Study tonight. This will be only the second the time that I've been since Evelynn was born, but I'm hoping that (with the time change and her longer wake times now) we'll be able to get out every week again. :) Or at least, MOST weeks. Haha.

No comments: