Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Absent

I feel bad for not having written anything lately, but life is busy these days. Evelynn is growing and changing and being as cute as ever, though her little sin nature is starting to make itself more and more evident. Her giggles are the cutest. Last night she giggled several times just from me talking to her; I was really happy that Zack was home to hear it. Her laughter usually comes in the evening time, which makes those nights when Zack is off more special, I think. Occasionally, he even gets home from work early enough to see her before she goes to bed for the night.

And to see me before I go to bed, too. Hahaha.

We're getting settled into a new place and there are several new possibilities coming up. The company Zack works for is expanding and putting new stores in mostly in Texas, but they're planning to move north from there into the Midwest. Who knows? In five years, maybe Michigan will have WinCo - I think my mother would like that. It's possible that God is going to move us out of California, which is somewhat exciting for me. I would prefer not to go to Texas, since I think it's actually even hotter there than where we are in CaliLand, but it would definitely be cheaper to buy a house.

After several months of not being able to actually be in a church service, I made it this past Sunday. Sadly, Zack was home sick with a stomach bug, but since he was able to watch over Evelynn (and church starts at the same time as her nap time, so she was sleeping almost the entire time), it worked out well. I was able to sing with the people and take communion and listen to the entire sermon without getting distracted by trying to keep a baby asleep.

I've thought about putting her in the nursery - particularly when her Grandma Shrout is in there - but I don't know if I'm ready to do that. It was really nice to be in church. It was amazing to actually be able to follow along in my Bible as we turned to different passages. But she's only four months old, and I think I would spend as much time wondering about how she was doing as I would normally spend trying to get her to sleep in my arms. Maybe in another month or so. . . Or maybe after the time change happens next week and her nap time isn't supposed to start when church does. Haha.

Speaking of the time change, I'm really looking forward to it. I'm hoping that we can all adjust to the new time while Evelynn stays on roughly the same schedule. And thus, she will suddenly be getting up at 8:30 in the morning instead of 7:30. That would be pretty awesome thing.

Last of all, we've been working on our RPG. Zack has made a bunch of tiles and I've been putting them down into a map. It's quite fun, if a little time-consuming. There are a lot of things I would like to do these days, and I feel that I never have quite enough time. But I'm learning that it's okay not to get EVERYTHING done - as long as I get some things done every day, it's enough.

No comments: