Tuesday, January 1, 2013

New Year

I was thinking about how people write down all the stuff that happened to them in the previous year, and at first I thought it was kind of silly and overdone. Be original! was my take. But then I thought about it a bit more and I thought, why not? Why not take this, such a wonderful opportunity, and use it to share what God has done this year?

So here's my list of things that were important to me in 2012.

Found out I was pregnant.
Celebrated our first anniversary.
Visited Michigan twice.
Got a new niece.
Started a new blog - "Freedom in Christ."
Made a new friend.
Had four small jobs to help with expenses.
My little sister became a teenager.
Had a baby!
My mom and sister came to visit.
Read/listened through the Bible twice.
Finished the rough draft of my novel.

There are a lot of other things that I could write, but those are the biggest things that happened. It's not really that long - I live a pretty normal life - but there's a lot that goes into some of those. There have been some hard times this year, particularly the past few months; but I'm happy that I can start a new year in a good place.

"... thanks be to God which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ."

No comments: