Friday, October 12, 2012

Teleportation

So I've been mulling over an idea. Not for very long, but I think it has a lot of potential. The world should stop spending money on developing weapons, on war, and on everything space-related for a while. Instead, we take all that money and use it to make personal teleportation devices.

Or! Even something like a Star Trek Transporter. You give the guy running a location, they send you there! Voila! Yes, the airline and automobile companies would hate it. But hey, do we really LIKE those companies? Sure, they serve a purpose, but I wouldn't be sad to see them get replaced. Especially by a teleportation device.

We could have huge devices that transport lots of people and little ones for personal use. They could replace things like the subway and bus routes with previously programmed locations. Imagine all the time saved, the lack of traffic and air pollution, the elimination of needing so much parking space. Instead of a parking garage, you could have a teleportation garage - this floor has transporters that take you to such-and-such region.

Yes, we would also need to have some kind of shield to keep things out - can't have people apparating into the middle of Congress or something.First, let's get the teleporter worked out though.

But seriously. It's an awesome idea, right? There would be people, of course, who would refuse to use them. The rest of us though? I could go to Michigan for an afternoon for a baby shower with my friends and family and be back home in CaliLand that evening to make dinner for my Sweetie! You could take music lessons from someone halfway around the world.

"What are you doing tomorrow?"
"Well, I have my piano lesson in Moscow at eleven, and then I'm meeting some friends for lunch at the Eiffel Tower."

Need to evacuate a town due to flooding or a tornado? No problem! And no worries about people getting stuck on the way out if it's a huge city.

Like I said, I think it has potential.

1 comment:

Kate said...

The last part kind of sounded like a commercial for teleportation devices, lol!

It's seems to be a great idea. I'd love it if you could come home with your own personal teleportation device! Hehehe.

Love you!