Wednesday, June 13, 2012

My Girl

We're having a girl! =D I was pretty sure, but it's so cool to know. Poem-inspiring stuff. :) It may very well expand over the next few days. It's kind of coming in pieces.

There's a little one growing right now as I write
A little one stirring around
Ten fingers and toes; she's a beautiful sight
But from her you'll not hear a sound

She's not ready to come, not ready to play
She's barely started to grow
Less than a pound, we heard just today
But someday she'll gnaw on her toe

My little girl, little babe, little precious one
What an amazing gift you are
I love you already, my cute little bun,
Little Biscuit, my twinkling star

I saw your face, your eyes, your cute little nose
Saw your bones and maybe a sneeze
We got lots of pictures of you in your pose
You're cuter than the bee's knees!

We've not quite met, but I know just the same
That you are a gift from my Lord
No matter how you turn out or shift the blame
You cannot sever this cord.

Because you are my girl, you belong to me.
You'll always be mine in a way
Though you may marry and move over the sea
You'll always have a place here to stay.

But while you are ours, and we love you so much
In God's hands you rest
I cannot keep you, protect you or such
To trust Him is your test

So each day I'll bow my head and pray
I'll ask the Lord for you
To quicken your heart so that you can say
You love Him deep and true.

No comments: