Friday, January 13, 2012

I Think There Was Caffeine in That. . . .

So I was thinking about starting a new blog that was not about my life, but was a realistic story about SOMEONE's life from their perspective. I wrote one post and then I nixed the idea. I'm just not good at coming up with interesting things about real life and things nowadays. I prefer something more fantastical. But the idea is still lingering. Maybe something more Sci-fi though. . . . If I do, I'll probably let all of my (four? three?) readers know.

I miss other people's blogs. Mike used to blog. Mom only did it once. :/ Dave used to write about his life. That could get long-winded, but I felt informed. Of course, he calls me now, so that's all good. :) Zack was blogging for a little while, but he hasn't done that in well over a year. (I know because the last post was like three-five months before we got married [I think] and we've almost been married for a year.)

Speaking of which, we've been married for almost a year! =D That's pretty cool. It's also weird. Sometimes I wonder when the "newlywed" feeling is going to go away. Or if it only goes away if things get hard. Or when you start having kids. Or what exactly. I don't know. I know that sometimes I feel like an old married couple, and sometimes I feel like it's been a few months.

I think part of that is that the passing of time is all mixed up for me right now due to the lack of seasons in CaliLand. There are only two. . . . How am I ever supposed to feel like it's been a year when we've only had two seasons? Or maybe, I'll just know that time is passing because "Summer is here again already!?" ;) Hehe. I always have great ambitions to get tan and then it gets hot and I spend all my time inside and out of the sun as much as possible.

On the up side, we don't have a water bill at our apartment so I can cool off in the shower as much as I want. I'm also already trying to come up with cute/nice ways to keep my hair up all summer so I don't end up chopping it off again. I would like to grow it out for the cooler months, but my hair doesn't grow fast enough for that to work unless I can make it through at least one summer. We'll see if I can make it this year. I'm betting I won't. Hahaha.

Also, I like losing weight. It makes me happy. I feel better and it makes me want to move so that it doesn't come back. I lost some weight over the holidays (weird, right? Not really, I had the flu) and I SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO want it not to come back. So I think I'm going to start working out again - something I should have already been doing. There's a treadmill in the common room of the apartment complex. I should really start making use of it. I don't need a jogging buddy if I'm on the treadmill.

Anyway. Lots of random things this time.

No comments: