Saturday, May 21, 2011

Not the Rapture

Just another day? Kind of, and yet, every day should be held as something good, something special. It's another day with friends and family. It's another day of sunshine or rain, of air to breathe, of work or play - of life. It's another day full of God's goodness to us, where we can enjoy the world that He made and where He's placed us.

I don't know how He does it, but somehow, we've actually made money this month. Sure, we've been careful, but not as careful as we could have been. Sure, we've been working, but not full time. Yeah, we don't have any spending money, but we still have little treats now and then.

It's mind-boggling. He's not just sustaining us; He's growing us. We're not just "making it." We're gaining it. Yeah, we're trying to be smart, but this is not of us. This is God's blessing, and it's hugely humbling. I DON'T deserve this - not, I FEEL like I don't - I really Don't.

Sustaining . . . . We might say that God has promised to provide for us, thus because I am His child, He must take care of me. He's bound to now by His Word, one might argue. That gives the feeling that one deserves it, that one is now entitled. Because God has given me so much, now He MUST give me more!

Such wrong thinking! But I did feel that way.

And He gave us more anyway. . . . What is that verse? The goodness of God leads us to repentance. It's not always hard times that break through hard hearts, I guess. Sometimes, we just need a reminder, "Look. Stop. See what I have done. Remember what I did. See how much more I can give because I AM good."

For He is God and there is none like Him. He is God, and there none else. I don't deserve to be His child, much less be sustained, much less be blessed with extra.
And as much as I'd be thrilled for the Rapture, I'm glad He gave me another day to think about that before standing before Him.

Wouldn't it be really funny if the Rapture happened next week? Hehehe. I think it'd be funny. =D

No comments: