Sunday, January 9, 2011

Here, have a poem.

It's missing something. . . . Oh well. Have it anyway. ;)

My loving Father God above

I bow down at your throne
In prayer, I come to worship You
In the way You have made known

And as I come with heart made right
I bring my woes and cares
And with a soul You've made contrite
I tell You all my prayers

I thank You for all You have done
You've held me in Your hand
You've fed me, clothed me, kept me safe
You've lifted me to stand.

I ask for things, for self and friends
My fears I speak to You
Sometimes I cannot voice my needs
But I know You hear thoughts, too.

And then I reach the end of my list
I pause, my hopes pulse bright
For there my greatest request I see
Lord, come again in might!

O, Father, how I long to see
The day of Christ appear
O, Father, I know it will be.
Christ's coming is drawing near!

Oh for me to see the day
The day You meet us there
Oh for me from death to stray
To meet You in the air.

Up in the clouds, we'll fly to You
As You descend to Earth
What a greeting that will be
Full of joyfulness and mirth.

And so my God, I ask in earnest
Please come again, I pray
Come once and take us home with You
Come again on Judgment Day.

No comments: