Thursday, October 14, 2010

Tribute to my Honorary Sisters

I was looking through some pictures on Facebook, thinking about people, and I realized how many examples of godly women I have around me. So here is a clip of specific people for whom I thank God. Some family, some friends - equals with me, not people in authority above me. (Order does not indicate importance. You have all been instrumental in my life.)

First up, the person with whom I've enjoyed friendship for the length of my life. My older sister, sometimes my rag doll gal, Ashlie Lockwood (Ragan). She is the sweetest, meekest person I know. She's fun, quick to laugh, and my only rub is that I never felt like I was good for her like she was for me. I can't count the times that she would say or do something that would utterly amaze me. Truly my BEST friend.

Second, Stephanie Ragan (also soon to be a Lockwood). (wink, wink, nudge, nudge) We had some rough times early on - at times, the large age gap made things . . . difficult, to put it gently. But when I went to college, Steph was there for me. We cried, we laughed, we sat in her car talking till her gas was starting to run out because we had to have the heater on. . . . College without Steph's company would have been nearly unbearable. And from her I learned the pros and cons of being everybody's friend. (Not that I've really ever been in the running for that. . . . )

Then there's Jessica Daniels. College Roommate with whom I had the most in common. I'm not sure how it happened, but somehow, we opened up to each other more than anyone else - at least while I was there. (I think she may have found a replacement after I moved back home. ;) :)) Of all my roommates, I expect to keep in contact with her longest. Someone to enjoy fantasy novels with that isn't a guy. Someone who likes clouds as much (or more!) than I do. A ridiculously generous person who was always kind enough to lend me her khaki skirt. And, random fact, we had the exact same shirt. Haha. :)

And there you have it. I could continue, and perhaps I will add to this list as my life goes on and I develop new honorary sisters, or decide to add in some of the older ones in a "part two." We'll see. For now, I've satisfied my urge to write.

No comments: