Monday, April 12, 2010

In with the new!

But do we really need to get rid of the old? ;) I'm nostalgic. Almost everything is better remembered than experienced. I wonder if that's sad. . . . . Ah, well. Happy news today!

I have a new niece, two months old. (That's not the new news, but it is good news! =D) I have a new nephew, too. He's about twelve hours old. Hehe. They're both so cute. It's really cool. :) My brothers are Dads. . . . . . THAT is bizarre. And yet, only kind of. Haha.

Life seems to be moving kind of fast. It's happy and exciting, but there's a sense of apprehension. I usually prefer slow changes. With lots of time to adjust and think, pondering over every aspect I can imagine, making sure that I don't get blind-sided by something. (I don't NEED time; I get along pretty well if I can't have it or if the change is something entirely out of my control. But that's neither here nor there.) Don't get me wrong. Life isn't moving TOO fast; just faster than normal.

It takes time for me to get energized about most things. Especially when they have a direct impact on me. A person can tell me wonderful news, but I'll make sure that I really KNOW it's wonderful before I react pleasantly. Tends to make people think that I'm not happy about things, when really, it just takes me a minute to get there.

I don't like being disappointed - it's much easier not to get my hopes up; to make sure that I know exactly what people are telling me; to make sure that I'm not thinking that it's better than it is. I hate disappointing people, too, so I have a hard time building things up. No matter how great something is, I tend to downplay it so they won't get disappointed.

I don't think any of this was ever going anywhere. Just a bunch of useless info that most of you (if there are any of you left) don't care about.

Anyway. I miss my boyfriend. . . . . Don't laugh. It's true. Yes, we talk a lot on the phone. I wish we could talk more. Yes, we used up almost all my texts in only two weeks. I wish we could text all day, all the time, whenever we had a free minute. Like Mike and Tuesday did. Haha. I waited a long time for a boyfriend; I'd like to enjoy it. :)

No comments: